Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, February 07, 2011

Rolling

Yesterday, I was browsing through old posts and I found one where I listed about 7 of Princess' personality quirks. It put a smile on my face to read them because I'd forgotton some. So now, I'm gonna try to document more on my kids so I'll have some memories to read later.

Well, we had two "snow days" although it didn't really snow, but in South Louisiana if they think snow is coming, everything shuts down. L was also off those two days, so the 5 of us had 4 days off together and now L realizes that caring for 3 small children is a lot of work. While it was nice to have the bonding time, school gives me a little break time and one on one time with Kyleigh.

The boys returned today and I was so exhausted Kyleigh and I took about a 3 hour nap. Now I'm good and refreshed to start the rat race when the boys get home. At my house, from about 3-9 is non-stop hectic. Nick and John get off the bus, then it's an assembly line of baths, tube feeding for Nick, struggling to get Nick bathed, diapered and dressed while John is literally under my feet non-stop talking. Very different from me as a kid, because I used to like to entertain myself in my room with my toys. By the time baths are done, L is arriving home and time to get supper prepared. During that time there is two baby feedings(bottle and baby food), then we eat, clean the kitchen and what's next...time for Nick's final tube feeding, followed by another diaper change(changing Nick is a challenge as he escapes and runs away from me). Later it's a final goodnight bottle for Kyleigh, then tuck John in and if I get all that done by 8, L and I have a little quiet time until about 9 when I'm ready to pass out. Love it though.

Kyleigh is finally tolerating being on the floor and is starting to roll all over the place, so hopefully soon she will start sitting and crawling. She can sit for a couple minutes, but I have to put her into a sitting position cause she can't get there on her own yet. She just now fell asleep on the floor as I put her down to play. She is also at the age where when she realizes I'm not in the room, she gets pissed. John is doing better potty training and we're getting more dry days. Yesterday I put a Christmas H*rshey bar on the table and told him that was his treat he could have that evening if he stayed dry all day...he did.

Not a lot new for Nick. I caught him on video the other day singing a new song, "wheels on the bus" where I could clearly here him saying "round and round." I'll attempt to upload the video, but not sure if it will work. If you follow me on f@cebook, I posted it there a couple days ago. Well, gonna run and enjoy a bit of quiet for the next hour I have off.

Update:

Tried to load the video, waited 20 minutes and nothing so sorry :(

3 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Ms. J said…

    Actually, potty training via H.ershey worked for Lil Pumpkin! It was having special choc bars (or bites of them, I broke them up into bites) that she normally didn't have in the house, that sealed the deal.

    Congrats!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    lllloooovvvvveeeeee it!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger oleyfriends said…

    Hi,

    I wondered if you had heard of the Oley Foundation. We offer free information and peer support to families like yours with a member on home tube or IV feeding.

    Check out our web site at www.oley.org. For a good overview, click on the "New to Oley" button.

    Feel free to call/email me if you have any questions or would like to meet another family in a similar situation.

    Warm regards,
    Roslyn Dahl
    Oley Foundation Staff Member
    dahlr@mail.amc.edu
    (800) 776-OLEY

     

Post a Comment

<< Home