Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, February 04, 2011

Squealing

Kyleigh is definitely a little Princess and she knows how to get what she wants..now! She recently started saying "Da Da" but soon replaced it with saying "Ma Ma" because she knows when she calls Mama, she will get a bottle or diaper quicker. She once was in her exersaucer whining ah ma ma ma. Well,daddy picked her up and she starts crying louder saying "Ma ma ma." I know she'll probably grow to be a daddy's girl but I'm secretly enjoying the fact that she needs mommy now. I've waited so long for this, and it's such a great feeling. She has recently learned that high pitched squealing will get one of us at her service quickly.

She is a really good baby and although I had to wait 6 long years, the pregnancy and birth were relatively easy(although recovering was a bit rough). She started sleeping all night(I'm probably gonna pay for bragging about this tonight) at around 2 months old and probably earlier if I didn't wake her for bottles when she was a newborn. I know there's no such thing as perfection, but she's pretty close in my eyes.

John loves being a big brother. When Kyleigh was younger, and I was breastfeeding, I'd leave a bottle on the counter so it could get to room temperature for her next feeding. Well, when she would start crying, John went to get the bottle and brought it to his sister in her swing and began feeding her. He is also helpful in informing me of dirty diapers..i.e. "Nick stinks" or "Sissy stinks" followed by "Go change him."

The boys have been home the last two days for "snow" days, because when icy weather/snow is predicted in South Louisiana, everything shuts down. Been enjoying the bonding time though.

I am feeling tremendously better today and determined to stop and enjoy every moment of my children and if I never have anymore, I am still blessed more than I can ever imagine.

Speaking of blessings....the Princess is crying now for mommy.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Ms. J said…

    Just noticed . . . you are using your kids names, where you usually don't? Not sure if you forgot this or are now doing so. Just in case it wasn't intended, pointing it out.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Yea, I did purposely. I figured they're all mine now and the pictures give away identities, but thanks for letting me know. I couldn't bear nicknaming my daughter, lol I may not use them all the time, just playing around with the idea.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger St Elsewhere said…

    Your daughter is beautiful...and so are your sons....just saw some pictures and all.

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog. And I am sorry for the girl you lost.


    Hugs.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I do hope life has calmed a bit for you,,,, take in everyday because as I WELL KNOW they will fade too soon. keep warm,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home